- Welcome to CYS
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
- CYS Volunteer
Parent volunteers are a very important resource for CYS. Registered children/youth benefit immensely from the knowledge and skill that volunteers provide to our programs. We're looking for enthusiastic people who want to help out, sharing their talents assisting and leading various activities such as reading to children, participating in field trips, making games, repairing toys, sewing with kids, etc.
Start by becoming a registered volunteer through Army Community Service's (ACS) Go-Volunteer to find out where your talents can be best used within CYS. By keeping track of your volunteer hours, you can qualify for Parent Participation Points.
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children 3 to 18 years of age
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth:
- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (New students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first paid basis.
Children and Youth that are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
* Available at select communities
- CYS Directory
Facility Name Address DSN Phone Commercial Phone Parent Central Services 9800 Belvoir Road
(312)655-5555 +1 (703)805-5555 School Age Services 9800 Belvoir Road
(312)655-5555 +1 (703)805-5555 Youth Services 5850 Langfitt Loop
(312)655-4515 +1 (703)805-4515 Youth Sports & Fitness 9500 Barlow Road
(312)655-9138 +1 (703)805-9138 JoAnn Blanks CDC 5901 Taylor Road
(312)655-8770 +1 (703) 805-8770 North Post CDC 5925 Meeres Road
(312)656-6540 +1 (703)806-6540 South Post CDC 5952 12th St
(312)656-4347 +1 (703)806-4347 Woodlawn CDC 8770 Woodlawn Road
(312)656-0350 +1 (703)806-0350 Fort Belvoir North CDC #1 7135 Barta Road, Bldg. 5023 +1 (703)806-6549 Fort Belvoir North CDC #2 7145 Barta Road, Bldg. 5024 +1 (703)806-6102 Rivanna CDC 2425 Defense Way, Bldg.2071 +1 (434)995-2128