- Benyaurd Indoor Pool Reopening: What you need to know
Be Advised: Benyaurd Indoor Pool reserves the right to deny the use of the facility to any patron not following the guidelines set forth to maintain health, safety, and sanitary measures for patrons and equipment.
Hours of Operation Closed Holidays
Monday - Friday Saturday - Sunday 6 - 7:30 a.m. Closed 8 - 9:30 a.m. 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 12 - 1:30 p.m. 2 - 3:30 p.m. 4 - 5:30 p.m.
Benyaurd Indoor Pool has restrictions in an effort to reduce risk associated with COVID-19. Patrons and employees must adhere to the following policies and procedures:
- Active Duty, Active Duty Family Members, DoD Civilians and Retirees (lap swim only).
- Patrons must sign in with Name, Phone and Email so staff can inform patrons of any potential exposure to COVID-19.
- All patrons must pay for use: $8 per visit or purchase pool pass.
- 18 patrons is the MAXIMUM CAPACITY for the Benyaurd Indoor Pool.
- Patrons are permitted to use locker rooms TO CHANGE CLOTHES ONLY. Maximum 4 people.
- All belongings must remain on pool deck, not in locker room.
- Mask/face covering that cover both nose and mouth are required at all times while in the facility (except while swimming).
- Locker room showers remain closed. Use of lockers is not permitted.
- PATRONS MUST USE THE “QUICK RINSE” SHOWER PRIOR TO POOL ENTRY.
- Must maintain 6-foot social distance.
- Patrons are asked to line up outside front doors and wait for staff for entrance.
- Patrons and employees are asked to wash hands frequently (hand sanitizer is readily available).
- Water fountains are closed; please bring your own water bottle.
- Toilets will be available. Only one person allowed in area at any time.
- Benyaurd Indoor Pool Amenities, Fees and Passes
Benyaurd Indoor Pool offers year-round lap swimming, fitness classes and swimming lessons. Limited to lap-swimming only, this facility is sure to meet all of your family’s needs and is open to all Active Duty, Retirees, DoD Civilians and Dependents.
- 25-yard pool
- Six (6) lap lanes
- Six (6) starting blocks
- Diving board
- ADA-compliant pool lift
- Stair entry into 3-foot depth
- In-water workout station
Pool Fees (effective May 1, 2021)
Daily Fees Cost Active Duty, Dependents, DoD Civilians & Retirees $8 Children 3 and under Free
Pool Passes (effective May 1, 2021)
Single Passes (18 years +) Cost One (1)-Month Pass $22 12-Month Pass $240 Family Passes (Immediate Family Only) Cost One (1)-Month Pass $55 12-Month Pass $625
*Please note: Pass extensions due to COVID will continue through May 31, 2021.
- Pool Rules
All pools have health and safety rules that we ask everyone to understand and follow. The lifeguards are responsible for enforcing these rules in order to PREVENT accidents from occurring. We realize that during low attendance, some of the rules may not seem appropriate. However, in order to maintain consistency between the staff and pool users at our pools, the lifeguards are instructed to enforce the rules at all times.
Please read the Basic Rules (PDF) for your safety. This list is not all inclusive or legally complete and no liability is assumed for completeness.
- SCUBA Lessons (Resume April 10, 2021)
Provided by Patriot SCUBA. Classes include:
Class Cost Open Water Certification $720 Bubble Maker $75 Seal Team $275 Master Seal Team $225 Discover SCUBA $65 SCUBA Refresher $75
Registration and class payments will be made at Benyaurd Indoor Pool. For more information about SCUBA classes, call Patriot Scuba at +1 (703)490-1175.
- Swimming Lessons (Resume May 1, 2021)
Aquatics now offers swimming lessons in the following formats:
Class Cost Sessions Private - One (1) person $36 Four (4) session minimum* Semi Private - Must be in same household; two (2) people $46 Four (4) session minimum*
Parent and Child -
6 – 36 months
$80 for four (4) 30- minute, weekly sessions starting May 5 Wednesday mornings 10 -10:30 or 11 - 11:30
*Classes must be paid in full prior to first session.
Please note: Registration must be done in person; online option coming soon!
- Water Aerobics Classes (Resume May 1, 2021)
Join Benyaurd Indoor Pool for a low-impact, high-energy workout in shallow water. Classes will take place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 – 9:25 am.
Classes are only $10 per session.
No registration required. Minimum age is 10.
With one year-round facility and two seasonal facilities, the Aquatics program at Fort Belvoir strives to meet the needs of Active Duty, Retirees, Dependents, DOD Civilians and their Families. Through a variety of classes, programs and services, Fort Belvoir Aquatics focuses on fitness, health, safety and leisure.