- Travel Camp Overview
There are 52 fully loaded 40 foot RV camping spaces available (Travel Camp Sitemap PDF). Each camp site has a picnic table, fire ring for grilling and campfires and a stunning view of the Potomac River. Castle Park, two fishing piers and Accotink Wildlife Refuge hiking trails are all within walking distance from the campground. Outdoor Recreation offers additional services to include: firewood, bait, ice, ice cream, equipment rental, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking and boating.
- Guest Room Rentals
If you are visiting Fort Belvoir and looking for a place to stay, Outdoor Recreation's guest rooms, located in the Officers' Club, are available for rental. Rooms come in both king and queen size suites with a mini fridge, stove top, microwave and sink. To make a reservation, please call +1 (703)805-3081 Wednesday – Monday (Closed Tuesday), 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. The check-in process will also be provided on your receipt. For after-hour check-in, check-out and maintenance emergencies, please call +1 (571)393-9170 or +1 (703)457-0181.
- Queen suite: $99 per night
- King suite: $125 per night
- Special rate: $50 per night
- A minimum of 30 consecutive day reservation is required for this rate. (Maximum 60 day reservation)
- Thermo-Con House Rental
Thermo-Con House, a prototype constructed in 1949 using an experimental building material, represents Fort Belvoir's best extant example of the International Style. The house also illustrates the Army's willingness to experiment with innovative building materials and technologies.
Thermo-Con House, a single-family residence, is located on South Post within the National Register-eligible Fort Belvoir Historic District. The house is set back from the corner of the intersection of Gunston Road and 21st Street, somewhat isolated. The single-family homes of Gerber Village are to the north, and the Gerber Village duplexes are to the east.
Thermo-Con House Amenities:
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Studio Kitchen with Stove, Fridge, Microwave Convection Oven, Coffee Maker and Dishes
- $150 per night.
- Two-night minimum stay. (Max 60 nights)
- $200 refundable deposit (if nothing is dirty, broken, damaged or missing).
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- 48-hour cancellation policy
This facility is pet friendly with a non-refundable pet fee.
- Rustic Cabin Rental
Outdoor Recreation offers a convenient and affordable rental option for those wanting to stay close to nature.
- Living room with Smart TV and Direct TV Service.
- Sofa that converts to a bed.
- Separate bedroom with a queen bed and twin bunk.
- Love Seat.
- Dining Table.
- Apartment fridge.
- Keurig coffee maker.
- Wet Bath. Guests are welcome to use the Travel Camp shower and laundry facilities.
- Heating and AC.
- $99 per night.
- Two night minimum stay.
- $200 cleaning deposit required.
- Pets allowed with non-refundable fee. Service pets are permitted with proper certification.
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- 48-hour cancellation policy
Reserve at Outdoor Recreation or over the phone at +1 (703)805-3081.
- Travel Trailer Rentals
The Fort Belvoir Travel Camp offers Outback Terrain 299 TBH Travel Trailers available for a minimum of 2-night rentals. Situated in a perfect location along the shore of the Potomac River the new Travel Trailer's epitomize camping at its finest! The Trailers feature Deluxe morgan cherry cabinetry, Large panoramic windows, Large overhead cabinets, 32” HDTV, Suede pleated shades, Vaulted ceiling, Batten ceiling accents, Deep single basin sink with 3” drains, Two door 6 cu. ft. refrigerator, High-rise faucet, 3 burner range with oven, Microwave, Deluxe innerspring mattress, 2 over-sized double beds, Jalousie windows for maximum ventilation, His and her lights, Bedroom speakers, 2 Full length wardrobes, USB charging port, 13,500 BTU AC wall thermostat and 30,000 BTU furnace.
Travel Trailer Location Cost Deposit Travel Trailer 28 $189 $200 Travel Trailer 29 $189 $200 Travel Trailer 30 $189 $200 Travel Trailer 50 $189 $200 Travel Trailer 51 $189 $200 Travel Trailer 52 $189 $200
Deposits are paid at time of reservation. No cash or check deposits. Deposits will only be returned if Travel Trailers are checked-in on time and in clean operating condition. All deposits must be requested on the date of return. Cancellations must be made 7 days prior to reservation start.
- Camp Features
For you convenience, the campground provides:
- 6 permanent Outback Terrain 299 TBH Travel Trailers (2 Night Rental Required)
- 40-foot long solid concrete surfaced sites
- Pull-in and back-in pads
- Wireless internet
- Cable TV
- Direct sewer/water connections on site
- 20/30/50 amp connections
- Washers and dryers (coin operated)
- Family style restrooms and shower facilities
- 2 ADA accessible fishing piers
- Castle Park: complete with playground, volleyball net and picnic areas
Active Duty, Retired Military, Reservists, National Guards, DoD Civilians, Installation Contractors and those listed in AR215-1, paragraph 7-1 are eligible to camp at the Fort Belvoir Travel Camp.
Authorized User Verification: A valid ID card must be presented at check-in indicating proof of meeting the eligibility requirement.
- Site Fees
All Travel Camp Sites are $60 per night.
Sites # 1-14 | Back-In Along the Woodline | Waterview
Sites # 15-35 | Pull-Thru Center of Park | Waterview
Sites # 36-52 | Back-In Along Waterfront | Waterfront
Travel Camp Sitemap (PDF)
- Check-In and Check-Out Procedures
Making a Reservation is Easy:
Reservations are accepted up to 1 year in advance. Cancellations or changes must be made 1 week (7 days) prior to the day of check-in to receive a full refund for the Travel Camp and 48 hours for our guest rooms, Thermo-con and Rustic Cabin. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather.
Reserve your space today: +1 (703)805-3081
• WebTrac: Check availability online.
• Over the Phone: Requires full payment at time of reservation.
• In Person: Requires full payment at time of reservation or check-in.
Check-in is at the main Outdoor Recreation Facility. Check in time is 2 p.m. for the Travel Camp and 3 p.m. for our guest rooms, Thermo-Con and Rustic Cabin. Required documents at check-in include ID to verify eligibility and current vehicle registration. Authorized ID card holder must be present throughout the stay. Upon check-in, campers will be issued a gate code to access the campground.
After Hours Check-In:
After hours check-in must be coordinated in advance. Please reference your receipt for check-in times and procedures. Check-in Packets can be found in the after-hours packet pick-up box located at the Outdoor Recreation Center (10155 Johnston Road, Fort Belvoir VA 22060).
Check-out is at Outdoor Recreation Facility and must be completed by 12 p.m. on the last day of the reservation for the Travel Camp and by 11 a.m. for our guest rooms, Thermo-con and Rustic Cabin. A guest check-out form must be turned in to complete check-out.
- Policy and Rules
- Cancellations or changes must be made 1 week (7 days) prior to the day of check-in to receive a full refund. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather. Early departures will not be granted a refund.
- The sponsor is responsible for the conduct of their dependents and guests. Guests and children under the age of 12 should not be left unattended.
- Management reserves the right to relocate or change reserved sites at anytime due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Speed limit in the park is 10 MPH.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm - 8 am. Please keep the volume of sound (i.e. TVs, radios, conversations) to a reasonable level during quiet hours.
- Please help keep our travel camp clean, clutter free, and aesthetically pleasing by removing all trash from your campsite. Waste enclosures are located throughout the camp and a dumpster by the shower facility is provided for your convenience. No washing machines or appliances to be used or kept outdoors.
- Campers should keep all personal equipment within the boundaries of their campsite. Only two (2) vehicles per site (RV plus 1). No vehicles can be parked on the road or grass at all times. One (1) small tent structure per site is authorized but only on the side of the picnic table pad. Respect other campers’ privacy—do not crowd or walk through other RV sites. Site and Group parties are not authorized. Lawn art and decorations are not authorized to be placed in the grass.
- When jacking up your camper, be sure it is level, secured and blocked with solid objects (wood or solid blocks).
- Water connections must be secure with no drips or leaks. All utility connections should be in good repair and sufficient for the respective load. Prepare all electrical wires, water, and sewage hoses for travel camp maintenance functions to include grass cutting. It is the camper’s responsibility to keep personal property away from grass cutting and other maintenance operations. Management reserves the right to inspect and disconnect any connection that is not in compliance with safety, conservation, or sanitary regulations.
- Motor vehicles of any type may not be serviced or washed at the travel camp.
- All federal, state and local laws must be followed while visiting the Travel Camp.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all common areas. Persons of age are authorized to consume and possess alcoholic beverages within their site boundaries.
- Smoking is not permitted within 50ft of any Fort Belvoir Building.
- No swimming and wading allowed on the shores of Fort Belvoir.
- The discharge of firearms or fireworks is prohibited at all times.
- Open fires are only permitted in fire rings and BBQ grills and patrons must be present at all times. Fire rings may not be mover. Gathering of wood on Fort Belvoir is prohibited. The limbs on the ground serve as an ecological function in our unimproved areas. Campers must clean out their fire ring prior to checkout.
- ATV’S and any motorized vehicle that are not licensed are NOT permitted on Fort Belvoir or in the campground per Fort Belvoir Regulation, 190-1.
- Respect our environment - hanging of clothes or anything else on trees as well as climbing on trees is prohibited. Please do not feed any wild animals. Bothersome animals should be reported.
- If you bring your pet(s), the pet(s) must be kept on a leash at all times, and pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in waste enclosures or dog waste stations located throughout the camp. Pets must not be left tied-up outside unattended.
- When fishing all Virginia State rules, regulations, and guidelines must be followed. For More information visit dwr.virginia.gov/. In order to fish on Fort Belvoir, you must create an account at ftbelvoir.isportsman.net/ and acquire a permit through the website.
- Outdoor Recreation Fort Belvoir Travel Camp, DFMWR, and the Army assumes no responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen personal property during a camper’s stay.
- Abuse of Travel Camp facilities and grounds will result in removal of parties concerned. Individuals will be held responsible for any damages or loss that is caused by negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud and refunds will not be issued.
Enjoy your stay and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
The Travel Camp is open all year long, 7 days a week. With a perfect location along the shore of the Potomac River and only a 30 minute drive to DC, this is the place everyone wants to be.
Take a Tour!
Rental Travel Trailers - Details Below
Rent the Rustic Cabin - Details Below