Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||12 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
Come check out the new location!
The MWR Library has moved from the Van Noy building on 12th Street, Bldg 1024, to the Sosa Center located on Belvoir Road, Bldg 200. Although smaller than the previous standalone facility; the library at the Sosa Center includes a collection of books and audiovisual materials for children, teens and adults as well as small collection of magazines and newspapers.
The book drop is located outside of the Sosa Center bldg. 200 to the left of the front stairs (looking at the building).
- The Library staff has worked very hard to minimize the impact of downsizing and maximize customer satisfaction.
- The collection includes books with the widest appeal and are the most useful. The library's circulation software provides outstanding statistics on what items are and are not used regularly be customers.
- New Library space improvements:
- The new space is outfitted with all new furniture that is custom fit and is a lovely place to spend time.
- More natural light.
- The Library is now open on Mondays!
We would like thank every one of our patrons and appreciate your patience during this time of change. We hope you enjoy the new space!
The MWR Library supports our Military community with premier customer-focused professional staff providing information resources, engaging programs, community and collaboration spaces in support of mission readiness, life-long learning, and recreational pursuits. The Library has something for everyone - from story hours to book discussion groups, from internet access to word processing, from military training to investment tools, from the latest novel to "how to" books and other reference books to online resources available 24/7.
Our Facility Features:
- Free Wi-Fi
- 13 Public Use Computers
- Study Area
- Children's Library
- Young Adult Collection
- About Us
Army Libraries offer a wide range of services worldwide. As a patron of the libraries, you and your Family have access* to:
- Books, audiobooks and movies
- Downloadable content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic, and eMovies
- Online databases for research and homework help
- Computer stations with Internet
- Personalized help with your questions
- Events, classes, and storytimes
- Summer reading clubs and books discussion groups
- Copy and print services
Register for an account at your nearest library, or if you are deployed in a remote location, please see the Army Libraries Web site to learn more about services. After registering, you can use our catalog to manage your account. My Account allows you to renew and request books, access online content, create wish lists, write reviews, and request books while deployed.
* Note: some services may not be available at all locations.
- Library Online
On the U.S. Army Libraries Web site you can search the online catalog:
- Book Clubs
The Library has Book Clubs of various age ranges and subject matter, that meet regularly to discuss the chosen books. Call to see which clubs are meeting!