- Specker Human Performance Center (SHPC)
- Graves Fitness Center
- Wells Field House
- The Body Shop Fitness Center
- Wells Field House
Home to the Fort Belvoir Sports & Fitness Aerobics Program, which is designed to improve overall physical fitness. Wells Field House offers 2 volleyball courts, 3 full length basketball courts, aerobics classes Mon-Fri, volleyball and basketball pick-up games Tuesday & Thursday. Wells Field House is the place to hone, practice & improve your game.
- Large aerobics room
- 3 full-length basketball courts
- Open volleyball court
- Open dodgeball court
- Lunchtime pick-up basketball league
- Lunchtime pick-up volleyball league
To reserve Wells Field House, fill out the Reservation Request Form (PDF) and email it to the provided email addresses.
- Obstacle Course
The main functions of the Obstacle Course are to team build and develop resiliency among our tenant and military members.
Rules and Regulations:
The DFMWR obstacle course’s primary use is by active duty military personnel in units/squads or tenant organizations with more than three personnel from the MDW/NCR. Secondary use can be by the following:
1. Members of the Army National Guard (ARNG) and U.S. Army Reserve (USAR), either active or reserve component.
2. Retired military personnel and their immediate Family members (spouse and dependents with valid military IDs are authorized.)
3. DoD civilian and DoD retirees and immediate Family members (spouses and dependents are authorized) and contractors working on Fort Belvoir.
4. Delayed entry program personnel.
The Fort Belvoir Graves Fitness Center is the responsible activity for the Fort Belvoir obstacle course operations.
1. Review facility and equipment daily for safety and maintenance concerns. A daily written checklist will be completed.
2. Inspect daily to ensure course is safe. If there is inclement weather, the staff will secure the course and close it until further notice.
3. Keep the area safe, neat, and clean.
4. Maintain accurate records of maintenance, accidents, incidents, and safety inspections.
5. Schedule use of the course and oversee all MWR functions within the obstacle course.
6. Ensure that only groups of three or more personnel from the eligibility list reserve/use the course.
Obstacles are placed at specific site locations and are not to be removed/moved outside the fenced area.
** At the discretion of the Graves Fitness Center staff, the obstacle course will not be open if weather conditions/light make usage of the course unsafe.**
Rules and Regulations
1. Each group’s representative will be required to sign reservation form B (PDF).
2. The gate will be unlocked only during approved unit or tenant agency reserved time slots.
3. At the conclusion of the exercise, the group representative will ensure the area is cleaned and obstacles are placed in their respective locations for next group. A Graves Fitness staff member will be on site to inspect the area and give the all clear to the group representative.
4. The structures are not intended to be used individually or by children under 16. This is not a playground.
5. No children under the age of 17 are allowed within or outside the fence area unsupervised.
6. Appropriate athletic attire must be worn. Jeans, dress pants, cut offs, exposed sports bras, etc. are prohibited. Please reference the proper attire poster in the facility. Shirts and closed-toe shoes are required at all times and no bare foot climbing is allowed on obstacles.
7. Use of the obstacle course is at your own risk; these risks include, but are not limited to, physical hazards to oneself, failure of equipment and/or gear, injury from falling, impact with the obstacle, rope abrasions, and other equipment related injuries such as cuts and bruises. Each person (18 years and older) will sign a waiver (PDF) prior to exercising on the structures. It will be kept on file for future use. As there is no supervision on site, for safety reasons there is a requirement for a minimum of three personnel on site to act as spotters.
8. All equipment must be inspected prior to use to ensure structural integrity and the safety of the obstacles.
9. Preparation exercises must be conducted before commencing course and recovery exercises conducted upon completion.
10. The course will be open by reservations only during posted hours and may be used for unit training before or after posted hours with proper request form submission.
11. Training may be postponed/modified when obstacles are slippery due to inclement weather or insufficient light.
Group or Unit Training reservations are taken at the Fort Belvoir Graves Fitness Center and require form submission at least 24 hours prior to the requested date.
- HIIT Cycle
Feel the burn!
If you're looking for a workout that burns a significant amount of calories in a short period of time, HIIT Cycle is the class for you. When combined with proper dieting, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts will push your body to the next level of fitness. And if intervals don't get your heartrate up, the lights and pumped-up music will.
Note: These indoor cycle classes are taught by experienced MWR volunteers and are subject to change. Class cancelations will be posted on our website and Facebook page.
- Fridays | 6 - 6:45 a.m.
- Saturdays | 9 - 10 a.m.
Location: Wells Field House (2104-6028 Goethals Road, BLDG 1810)
- Functional Training
Program is not offered at this time.
Fort Belvoir’s Functional Training program, which takes place outdoors on Pullen Field, aims to provide you with the strength, endurance, power, speed, flexibility, and range of motion you need to thrive with your daily activities. We utilize basic functional movement patterns such as pushing, pulling, squatting, rotating, carrying and gait patterns (walking and running) every day. Through Dynamic Training, Metabolic Conditioning, and Extreme Training, our functional training program will utilize exercises that are aimed at improving your movement proficiency in these areas. This program will give you an edge and enhance your performance, so you can achieve your desired goals in a safe manner.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Military, DoD Civilians, Retirees, Family Members (18+).
- Customers must be 10 feet apart.
Functional Training will meet for in-person sessions during six (6) weeks. Each session lasts one (1) hour and includes a warm‐up, workout, cool down, and MWR announcements.
The program will consist of the following training concepts:
- Dynamic Training - A training method with a focus on gymnastics, body weight, and functional movement exercises.
- Metabolic Conditioning (Met Con) - A method of training that involves a very high work rate, using exercises designed to burn more calories during your workout and maximize calories burned after your workout, or your after burn.
- Extreme Training - A training method intended to focus on speed, power, quickness and agility.
Time and Location
- 6 - 7 a.m.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Pullen Field (next to Specker Human Performance Center), 9637 Belvoir Rd.
- Credit cards only.
- Register online (via WebTrac)
- Please note: First-time WebTrac user registration will take 24 hours to process.
- For assistance with WebTrac registration, please contact our Fitness Specialists for support.
- Maximum of 24 customers per session.
- Patrons must sign in each time for contact tracing.
- All patrons will answer screening questions before each class session.
- A signed waiver is required at the start of each session. Print Waiver.
Please note: Classes will be cancelled for inclement weather and there will be no alternate class site.
- All Army Sports
"Get in the Game" - All Army Sports
All-Army Sports Program is open to Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve Soldiers. Soldiers of high military bearing who have completed Basic Combat Training (BCT) and Individual Entry Training (ECT)/Officer Candidates School are eligible to apply as an athlete or coach. National Guard and Reservists once selected are placed on active duty for the duration of the sport trial camp and follow on competitions. Athlete applications are accepted 90 days and coaches applications are accepted 60 days prior to sport season. Applications are submitted online.
Athlete and coach selections are based on experience and documented accomplishments while competing in the sport such as: news articles; accomplishments in high school, college, club or professional sports; certified race results; awards received; YouTube videos; professional references. Travel costs to trial camp and follow on competition, along with competition uniforms and lodging, are funded by All-Army Sports.
Fort Belvoir has a selection of recreation and fitness options to choose from. Modern fitness centers offer a pleasant atmosphere to help you stick with your personal gym workout program. MWR also maintains tennis courts, softball fields and 2 paved running tracks; one at Pullen Field (track certified) and one located on North Post behind Graves Fitness Center (PT Track).
Directory information for each facility is provided to the right (computer) or below (mobile).
Do you have a passion to help others reach their fitness goals?
Our Sports and Fitness Program is looking for certified instructors to enhance our fitness program. This opportunity is on a non-personal services contract basis in the field of personal training, functional training, *Zumba®, yoga and more!
Apply to be a Fitness Instructor!
*Federal endorsement not implied.