- Reopening: What you need to know
For the safety of our staff and customers, Outdoor Recreation is offering curbside pickup and limited equipment issue.
New hours effective August 1, 2020
Hours of Operation Closed Tuesdays
Wednesday – Monday Holidays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Outdoor Recreation Bathrooms are closed to public.
- Masks are required to enter the Outdoor Recreation facility and/or Travel Camp laundry facility.
- Resale items can be purchased curbside by calling +1 (703)805-3081.
- All reservations must be made by calling +1 (703)805-3081.
- Bathhouse and laundry facility is open to patrons with a paid reservation.
- Masks must be worn in laundry facility.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
All reservations must be made by calling +1 (703)805-3081.
Call +1 (703)805-3081 with your first and last name.
Must provide vehicle description.
Wait for staff to greet you and provide directions for equipment pickup.
- Curbside drop-off
- Upon arrival, please call +1 (703)805-3081 with your first and last name.
- Wait for staff to greet you at your vehicle and provide drop-off directions.
- Must drop off during hours of operation.
- Equipment available for issue:
- Kayaks, jon boats, canoes, stand-up paddle boards, life jackets, paddles (minimum 24-hour use).
- Mako Skiff Boat and Pontoon Boat
- Large grills, dunk tanks (Minimum 24-hour use).
- RV Viking trailers, A-liners, RV Outbacks, storage trailers (minimum 2 nights; appointment must be made for pickup).
- Outdoor archery is open, but call-in is required to pay for a pass and sign in for target key. Annual pass holders can sign out an outdoor range key for a day, Wednesday - Monday from 9 p.m. - 3.m.! The key must be dropped into the drop box located at the main door of Outdoor Recreation once you are done shooting. For more information, call +1 (703)805-3081.
- Annual Pass
- Adult | $55
- Youth | $30
- Daily 2-Hr Pass
- Adult/Youth | $5
- Indoor archery is closed.
- Fishing is permitted if following social distancing guidelines and acquiring required permits.
- Reservations can be made for any dates starting July 6, 2020.
- Must have no more than 10 people for your gathering.
- Must practice social distancing (6-foot distance) at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience with us. We look forward to serving you.
- Facility Overview
Outdoor Recreation offers equipment issue and a variety of programs such as hiking groups, hunting, archery, fishing and special day trips throughout the year.
Outdoor Recreation is home to an RV Travel Camp available for a day, weekend, or week-long getaways and also has various parks and pavilions available for rent for family picnics or large gatherings.
Outdoor Recreation has added to the ice, bait and ice cream resale items, and has begun selling a new array of snacks and beverages for Tompkins basin patrons to enjoy. Come on down and visit the new space!
Experience nature and hike the Accotink Bay Wildlife Refuge. View the Trail Map.
- Equipment Issue
Equipment Issue Price List (PDF).
Sports and Game Equipment
Item 1 Day 3 Days 7 Days Basketball/Football/Soccer Ball/Volleyball/Kickball $2 $3 $5 Softball Set (9 Gloves, 3 Bats, 3 Balls, 4 Bases, 1 Mask) $10 $15 $20 Disc Golf Set (3 Baskets & 9 Discs) $10 $15 $20 Bubble Ball Suit (Set of 2) $25 $50 $75 Jousting Sticks $25 $50 $75 Horseshoe Set $5 $10 $15 Croquet Set $5 $10 $15 Flag Football Set $5 $10 $15 Spikeball Set $5 $10 $15 Washer Toss Game $5 $10 $15 Tug of War $2 $5 $10 Potato Sack Set (3 Bags) $4 $7 $10 Hoppity Hops (Bounce Ball with Handle) $3 $5 $8 Fishing Rod $5 $10 $15 Fly Fishing Rod $5 $10 $15 Archery - Recurve/Compound Bow + Range Fee $13 - - Megaphone $5 $10 $15 Baggo (Corn Hole) $15 $30 $50 Ladder Ball $10 $20 $40 Giant Jenga $5 $10 $15
Party and Cook-Out Equipment
Item 1 Day 3 Days 7 Days Large Tow-able Charcoal Cooker* $100 $150 $250 Dunk Tank* $100 $150 $250 Cooler Large (100 Quarts) $10 $20 $40 Cooler Medium (60 Quarts) $8 $16 $32 Cooler Small (40 Quarts) $5 $10 $20 Large 5 Gallon Thermos $5 $10 $20 Extension Cord $3 $6 $10 Trailer - 4x6 Tow-Behind $20 $50 $100 Hitch - 3 Way $10 - -
*Charcoal Cooker and Dunk Tank require a $100 deposit.
Item 1 Day 3 Days 7 Days 6 Person Tent $15 $25 $50 Sleeping Bag $7 $15 $28 Sleeping Ground Pad $2 $5 $10 Stove (with 2 Burners) $10 $15 $25 Air Mattress - Twin / Queen $3 $7 $14
Canopies, Tables, and Chairs
Item 1 Day 3 Days 7 Days 16 x 16 Canopy $100 $125 $200 20 x 20 Canopy $105 $135 $225 20 x 30 Canopy $125 $175 $275 20 x 40 Canopy $150 $250 $300 20 x 40 White Canopy $225 $300 $350 Chairs (Black/White) $1.50 $4 $8 Table - 6 Ft. $5 $8 $12 Table - 8 Ft. $6 $10
*All Canopies require a $100 deposit.
Water Boat Rentals
Item 2 Hours 1 Day 3 Days Weekly
Single Kayak - Sit on Top
Tandem Kayak - Sit on Top
Stand-up Paddle Board
Inflatable Stand-up Paddleboards To-go
Kayak Paddle/Canoe Ore
Jon Boat w/ Electric Motor
**Mako Skiff Boat
*Water Boat Rentals include Paddle and PFD. Advance reservations are time block specific. All 2-hour rental times start on the hour. A late fee of 2 hours is applied to returns later than the designated time. Inflatable Standup Paddle boards to-go rental comes with backpack, pump and accessories. Weekly rentals, except Mako Skiff Boats and Pantoon Boats, require deposits of $100. Mako Skiff Boats and Pantoon Boats have a security deposit $300.
Inflatable Weight Min Height Max Height Max Weight Price (24 Hours) Price (Weekend, Fri - Mon) Fun House Bouncer (1-100) 225 lbs 42" 72" 800 lbs $125 $200 Jump in the Box Moon Bouncer (144) 122 lbs 36" 52" 500 lbs $125 $200 4-in-1 Combo Fun House (151) 275 lbs 42" 60" 625 lbs $175 $300 Jumbo Fun House (163) 340 lbs 42" 72" 1600 lbs $175 $300 3-in-1 Mini Deluxe Fun House Combo (282) 195 lbs 36" 52" 500 lbs $175 $300 Mini Turbo Rush (521-2 Pieces A&B) 475 lbs 42" 66" 600 lbs $175/$250 Set $300/$450 Set Deluxe Fun House Play Center (430) 295 lbs 36" 50" 800 lbs $150 $250
* Inflatable rentals are required to pay deposit of $100.
Patrons are authorized to tow these camping trailers off post!
Coachman Viking 17BH Travel Trailer (external website)
- $104 a night.
- $200 refundable deposit.
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) – maximum permissible weight of the unit when fully loaded including all weights, fluids, cargo, optional equipment and accessories) is 3756 lbs.
- Cargo Carrying Capacity is 787 lbs.
- Smoking is not permitted in the campers.
- Driver requirements:
Valid government issued drivers license.
Copy of insurance card.
Coachman V12RBST HW A-Frame Camping Trailer (external website)
- $69 a night.
- $200 refundable deposit.
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) – maximum permissible weight of the unit when fully loaded including all weights, fluids, cargo, optional equipment and accessories) is 3635 lbs.
- Cargo Carrying Capacity is 1453 lbs.
- Smoking is not permitted in the campers.
- Driver requirements:
Valid government issued drivers license.
Copy of insurance card.
All Equipment Reservations must be made in person with full payment at Outdoor Recreation. Reservations are not guaranteed without full payment. Customers are required to load and unload all equipment. Deposits are paid at time of reservation. No cash or check deposits. Deposits will only be returned if equipment is returned on time and in clean operating condition. All deposits must be requested on the date of return. Cancellations must be made 7 days prior to reservation start.
- Parks and Pavilions
Large Parks Price Deposit Max Capacity Anderson $175 $100 400 Soldier Statesmen $150 $100 250 Castle Park (Exclusive Use) $200 $100 250 Pavilions Price Deposit Max Capacity Castle $85 $50 75 Osprey $40 $25 50 Eagle $40 $25 50
All Reservations must be made in person at Outdoor Recreation. Reservations are not guaranteed without full payment. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to date of reservation for a full refund. Refunds will not be granted for inclement weather. Cleaning Deposits will only be refunded if the park is cleaned after use. All Cleaning Deposits must be made by credit card; no cash or check deposits will be accepted.
The Fort Belvoir MWR Archery Center Operates with:
- One 18 Point NFAA Indoor 20 yard Practice Range
- One 10 Point Indoor 10 - 30 yard Practice Range
- One 14 Point Standard Outdoor NFAA Field Archery Course
- One eight Point Outdoor Lighted Practice Range with targets at 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards.
- One four Point Outdoor Broad head Practice Range with 20 and 30 yard lines
Archery Center Prices Youth Adult Daily 2-Hr Pass $5 $5 Annual Pass (Indoor or Outdoor Range Only) $30 $55 Annual Pass (All 4 Ranges) $50 $90 Compound Bow Rental with 5 Arrows $13 $13 Recurve Bow Rental with 5 Arrows $13 $13
- Travel Camp and Lodging
There are 52 fully loaded 40 foot RV camping spaces available at the Travel Camp. Each camp site has a picnic table, fire ring for grilling and campfires and a stunning view of the Potomac River. Castle Park, two fishing piers and Accotink Wildlife Refuge hiking trails are all within walking distance from the campground. Outdoor Recreation offers additional services to include: firewood, bait, ice, ice cream, equipment rental, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking and boating.
Outdoor Recreation also offers the rental of the historic Thermo-Con House! Thermo-Con amenities include 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms and a studio kitchen with a stove, fridge, microwave convection oven, coffee maker, cooking utensils, and dishes.
(Travel Camp Sitemap PDF).
- Tent Camping
Outdoor Recreation now offers primitive tent camping sites! A total of 10 camp sites overlook Gunston Cove of the Potomac River.
The fee is $20 a night. There is a 14 night maximum stay.
- Picnic table
- BBQ Fire pit
Campsite Map (PDF)
All Active Duty Service Members, Retirees, Family Members and DoD Civilian Employees and Contractors.
Available for rent at Outdoor Recreation
- 6-person tents (shown in pictures).
- Sleeping bags and mats.
- Fishing rods.
- Archery equipment.
- Canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddle boards.
- Lawn games.
View full Equipment Issue Price List.
Available for purchase at Outdoor Recreation
Live and frozen bait for fishing.
- Trash bags.
- Beer and wine.
- Firewood. Campers are not permitted to bring firewood to use at the ODR campsites. Firewood brought from other locations might transmit insects that are deadly to our trees.
Important Information to know about Primitive Camping Sites
- A maximum of two tents will be allowed per site.
- These are primitive campsites. There is no water or electricity.
- There is no overnight access to indoor restrooms on site. There is a porta-potty available within walking distance of the camp sites. Also all guests may use the 24 hour restrooms, showers and laundry facility at the Travel Camp, approximately .7 miles.
There is no vehicle access to the sites. Campers must pack-in and pack-out any camping equipment and trash. Outdoor Recreation offers all-terrain carts for campers, by request, to assist in transporting camping equipment from the parking area to the sites.
Parking is located at the end of Johnson Road, near the kayak and canoe racks.
- Campers are responsible for cleaning the campsite area and taking all trash from the campsite and depositing it in the dumpster, located in the Outdoor Recreation parking lot closest to the Dog Park. Do not leave trash at the site. There are plenty of animals that would appreciate it but other campers would not!
Vehicles are not permitted on the grass for any reason or at any time. Campers must pack-in and pack-out everything.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. – 8 a.m. Please be considerate of other campers.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times and owners must clean up after them.
Campers are not allowed to bring firewood to use at the ODR campsites. Firewood brought from other locations might transmit insects that are deadly to our trees.
Cancellations or changes must be made 7 days prior to the day of check-in to receive a full refund. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather.
- The sponsor is responsible for the conduct of their dependents and guests. Guests and children under the age of 12 should not be left unattended.
- Management reserves the right to relocate or change reserved sites at any time.
- Respect other campers’ privacy—do not crowd or walk through other campsites. Site or Group parties are not authorized.
- There is not any swimming or wading allowed on the shores of Fort Belvoir.
- The discharge of firearms or fireworks is prohibited at all times.
- Open fires are only permitted in fire rings and BBQ grills and patrons must be present at all times. Fire rings may not be moved. Gathering of wood on Fort Belvoir is prohibited. The limbs on the ground serve as an ecological function in our unimproved areas. Campers must clean out their fire ring prior to checkout.
- Golf Carts, ATV’S, and any motorized vehicle that are not licensed are NOT permitted on Fort Belvoir or in the campground per Fort Belvoir Regulation, 190-1.
- Respect our environment - hanging of clothes or anything else on trees as well as climbing on trees is prohibited. Please do not feed any wild animals. Bothersome animals should be reported.
- If you bring your pet(s), the pet(s) must be kept on a leash at all times, and pet waste must be picked up and deposited in waste enclosures or dog waste stations located throughout the camp. Also, pets must not be tied up outside or left unattended in or around vehicles.
- When fishing all Virginia State rules, regulations, and guidelines must be followed. For More information visit www.dgif.com.
- Outdoor Recreation, the Travel Camp, DFMWR, and the Army assume no responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen personal property during a camper’s stay.
- Abuse of the campsites and grounds will result in removal of parties concerned. Individuals will be held responsible for any damages or loss that is caused by negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud. And refunds will not be processed.
- Enjoy your stay and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
- Events and Trips
- Warrior Adventure Quest
What is Warrior Adventure Quest?
- Department of the Army initiative, by executive order (Execution Order09-019) to provide high-adventure outdoor recreation programs as part of team building and the Army’s holistic approach to RESET.
- Warrior Adventure Quest is a free resiliency training for Army units. All units are now eligible for participation. Non-deploying units can attend once every two years while units who are 120 days prior to deployment or 120 days after deployment can attend during that time frame.
- Helps strengthen Soldiers resiliency and builds strong bonds that will last throughout deployment (pre deployment).
- Mitigates common high risk behaviors (post deployment).
Activities Include (subject to availability and season).
- White Water Rafting.
- Winter Tubing.
- Fishing Excursions.
To inquire about WAQ for your unit call Romel Voellm at +1 (703)805-3081 or send an email by clicking "Email Us" above.
- Photo Gallery
Reopening guidelines and services are in the drop down menu below!
Outdoor Recreation is a one-stop shop for all outdoor adventure enthusiasts. ODR offers a variety of programs including hiking, hunting, archery, boating and special day trips throughout the year. With an extensive equipment list, equipment issue is offered year-round for parties, camping trips, cookouts, and organization day events. Live or frozen bait can be purchased to take advantage of the great fishing location along the Potomac River. Parks and pavilions can be reserved for large gatherings and family picnics.
Outdoor Recreation offers a RV park, travel trailers, tent camping, a rustic cabin and the Thermo Con House for guests to rent and relax right in Fort Belvoir. The Travel Camp is in a perfect location along the shore of the Potomac River. There are 52 full hook-up, 40-foot RV spaces available for rent. Castle Park, two fishing piers and Accotink Wildlife Refuge hiking trails are all within walking distance.
View the Accotink Bay Wildlife Refuge Trail Map.
New to Outdoor Recreation!
2019 MAKO Pro Skiff 19 CC. Details located in Equipment Issue tab below.
2019 Sun Tracker Pontoon Boat. Details located in Equipment Issue tab below.
ISLE stand up paddle board. Details located in Equipment Issue tab below.
Rent the Rustic Cabin!
The Rustic Cabin is now available for rent! Visit the Recreational Lodging and Travel Camp Page for the details.