- Career Progression
- Training tied to salary increases and promotions
- Access to childcare
- Flexible work hours (full-time, part-time, and flex positions)
- Insurance coverage, including medical, dental, vision, and life*
- Paid leave for full-time and part-time employees*
- Travel opportunities
- DeCA Commissary shopping privileges
- Exchange shopping privileges
- Fort Belvoir (Northern Virginia) pay range: $18.86 - $23.87 per hour
- Must be at least 17 years old and in pursuit of a high school diploma OR Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Communicates effectively in English (written & orally).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment and background checks.
- Health assessment and immunizations.
- Physical ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Child Development Center applicants must possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
- Proof of education (e.g, high school diploma, transcripts, etc.)
- Other supporting documentation (e.g., PCS orders and DD 214 (if applicable for military Spouses claiming SEP and for Veterans claiming OAV), etc.)
- Professional references to include complete contact information
- Electronically (preferred):
- Supporting Documents for Preference or Priority Consideration, if applicable (e.g., Military Spouse Orders/PCS Orders, DD 214, etc.)
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
Start your Career Today at Fort Belvoir Child and Youth Services (CYS)!
Ready to start a new career as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) with great pay and benefits*? How does a $500 recruitment bonus upon appointment to the position sound PLUS an $800 retention bonus** at the six-month mark? Additionally, Child and Youth Services (CYS) also provides a 100% childcare fee discount for all CYS 'direct care' staff (75% in classroom) for the first child enrolled in a full-time or regular part-time DA CYS program. A 25% discount will apply for any additional children of direct care staff and an additional 15% multiple child discount when more than one child is enrolled in regularly schedule childcare. Please contact local NAF HR office for additional information. If this sounds great, join us at our next CYS Recruitment Fair!
CYS employment also comes with:
Hourly rates of pay are based on qualifications and location:
Qualifications and conditions:
*Benefits: Employees in Flexible appointment categories are ordinarily not eligible for participation in additional benefits (401k, life, medical, and retirement). However, upon satisfying specific work-hour criteria, they may be eligible for medical coverage participation.
**Recruitment and retention bonus: A $500 recruitment bonus will be paid to the applicant upon appointment to the position. An $800 retention bonus will be paid to the employee after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Eligibility for these incentives and bonus will be applicable to newly-hired individuals only.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their application package consisting of:
Use one of the two methods identified below to apply:
Apply at USAJOBS.gov
If unable to apply online, applicants may submit their application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office at +1 (703)704-4875 or by email to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) may be emailed to the POC or brought with the applicant to the Recruitment Fair site.
Applicants will receive communications via email from the HR Office to inform them of the status of their application (e.g., application received, rating completed, referral status, etc.)
If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified via email or by phone to schedule an interview.
Applicants being interviewed should bring the following documents:
If selected, the local HR Office may also need the applicant to complete pre-employment consent forms, fingerprinting and/or schedule a physical.