- Youth ages 3-4
- Ages 5-1st grade
- 2nd-3rd grade
- 4th-5th grade
- 6th-8th grade
- 9th-12th grade
- Participants can only submit (1) entry into the contest
- Entries should be submitted online at www.armymwr.com/momc by clicking the enter button on the webpage and following the submission instructions or through email to email@example.com
- If entrants cannot submit online or via email, submissions will be accepted by mail (all mailed entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2019) to:
- Online/Email submissions should be titled “Young Lives, BIG Stories” with the sponsor’s and child’s name in the subject line.
- Entries must be submitted or postmarked by 11:59pm CST on April 30, 2019.
- All submissions must have a completed entry form. Entry forms may be downloaded at www.armymwr.com/momc.
- Entries must be signed by the parent/sponsors.
- Entries will not be accepted without the proper signatures and entries will be disqualified.
- Submission may be submitted by parent or custodian of the child. The parent must be Active Duty Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Military Spouse or U.S. Army Retiree.
- Entrants must have primary creative control of their submission, and all submission materials must be original. In the case of age category 3 yrs-3rd grade, parents may assist with the 2-3 sentence description of submission.
Young Lives, BIG Stories contest celebrates the life of Military Youth.
Fort Belvoir Child Youth and School Services celebrates the Month of the Military Child with the Young Lives, Big Stories Contest.
The Young Lives, BIG Stories Contest is open to all military children preschool through twelfth grade. Youth participants will have the option of telling their story on ‘what it means to be a military child?’ for the chance to win great prizes. The goal of this contest is to tell the Army’s story through the eyes of our children. Prizes will be given to one overall winner and the top entries in each category.
Each participant may submit (1) entry into the contest. One winner from each category will receive a prize and the top overall winner, will receive the grand prize.
Competition categories are as follows:
Written Submissions Only
All Winners will be selected by a panel of judges from IMCOM Headquarters. Prizes include LeapFrog LeapPad Tablets, iPad, Xbox, and iPad. The grand prize will be an Apple Laptop.
The Young Lives, Big Stories contest runs April 1 - 30, 2019. All submissions must be submitted by 11:59pm CST on April 30, 2019.
Month of the Military Child activities and events reaffirm the Army’s commitment to ensuring excellence in schools, childcare and youth services as well as providing a strong supportive environment where children can thrive.
How to Enter
Department of the Army
IMCOM G9 - Child and Youth Services
ATTN: CYS Parent and Outreach Services
2455 Reynolds Rd.
JBSA, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-7588
For more information on the Young Lives, Big Stories contest, visit www.armymwr.com/momc.