- Monday - Friday.
- 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Each session is limited to 30 minutes.
- Acute pulmonary edema
- Acute thrombophlebitis
- Acute congestive cardiac failure
- Acute infections
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Episodes of pulmonary embolism
- Wounds, lesions, or tumors at or near the site of application
- Where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
- Bone fractures or dislocations at or near the site of application
- Tel: +1 (703)806-4655
- Military DSN Tel: (312)656-4655
Kawamura Human Performance Center - 9250 Gunston Road, BLDG 1481 Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 Google Map
The Recovery Room features 3 NormaTec PULSE Recovery Systems for use on legs or hips.
Normatec boots are available by appointment only.
NormaTec PULSE Recovery Systems are dynamic compression devices designed for recovery and rehab. Normatec boots help patrons recover faster between workouts by reducing muscle soreness and improving circulation.
The session will then begin by compression of legs or hips (depending on the attachment being used). Similar to the kneading and stroking done during a massage, each segment of the attachment will first compress in a pulsing manner and then release. This will repeat for each segment of the attachment as the compression pattern works its way up the limb.
Learn more about NormaTec PULSE Recovery Systems on their site.
Register in person or over the phone with KHPC, +1 (703)806-4655.
Eligibility: Active duty, retirees, DoD civilians, contractors, and family members (18 years of age or older).
Do not use this product if you have any of the following conditions: