- Dog Park Rules
Fort Belvoir Dog Park Rules
- Dog Park hours are Dawn to Dusk
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park. Please close all gates behind you.
- All dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations and should be healthy and free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Dogs must wear current license tags in the dog park.
- Never leave dogs unattended.
- Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owners/handlers at all times.
- Dog owners/handlers must carry a leash with them at all times while in the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all of their dog's waste.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Not all dogs like other dogs or people, please respect your neighbor's space, and be careful.
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
- Dogs less than 4 months of age are prohibited.
- All dogs must be under the control of an adult and there is a maximum limit of 2 dogs per adult in the dog park at any time.
- No food or drink (Dog or Human) allowed in the park.
Fort Belvoir Outdoor Recreation’s dog park will be open full time from dawn to dusk, seven days a week and is free of charge! The enclosure is an 80 by 80 square foot fenced-in off-leash park, with a double gate to ensure dog safety.
Directions: From the intersection of Gunston Rd and 20th St - Take Warren Rd west down to the water, (Castle Park and Thompkins Basin) and its there on the right.