Pumpkin Carving Contest
Calling artists of all ages to showcase their fall pumpkin masterpieces!
Carve or paint a pumpkin for your chance to win a prize from the Fort Belvoir DFMWR team! Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories:
- Most Creative
Contest is open to all ages. Submissions will be judged by the following age groups:
- Child (8 and under)
- Youth (9 - 12 yrs)
- Teen (13 - 17 yrs)
- Adult (18+)
Note: Participant's name, age group and category must be included with pumpkin entry.
- Contests are open to DFMWR authorized users and Fort Belvoir residents of ALL ages.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent/legal guardian.
- You may only submit one entry per contest, per individual.
- Pumpkin picture submission must include participant's name, age group and category on a placard next to pumpkin to authenticate.
- Prizes must be claimed in person and will not be mailed.
Judging and Prizes
Prizes (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- 3D Printed medal
- Halloween movie-themed prize pack (Age appropriate)
By participating, parents grant permission for their child to participate in this Contest, and grant permission and consent to Fort Belvoir Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) for the use of the photograph submitted for presentation under any legal condition, including but not limited to: this contest, publicity, copyright purposes, illustration, advertising and web content.
To participate, follow these steps:
- Submit a photo entry on MWR’s Facebook event page by Sunday, Oct. 31 at 9 p.m.
- Pumpkin photo entries must include the participant pictured with the pumpkin, participant's name, age group and category OR a placard pictured with the pumpkin with the participant's name, age group and category to authenticate.