MWR & Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Breast Cancer Awareness 5K
Help raise awareness for breast cancer and show support for those affected.
Oct 15 2022, 8 am
Oct 15 2022, 8 am
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Join MWR and the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in raising awareness for Breast Cancer and showing support for those affected. Breast cancer impacts over 200,000 patients annually. Early detection is an important element of improving survival. The Fort Belvoir Community Hospital offers innovative testing and treatment.
This is a family-friendly event and we welcome everyone to wear pink!
The 5K Run/Walk will start at 8 a.m. and conclude with a Fort Belvoir Community Hospital presentation.
Start and end location: Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Oaks Pavilion entrance.
Strollers are welcome!
Eligibility: Military, DoD Civilians, Retirees, Family Members, their Guests, and Installation Visitors.
- Medical personnel and bathrooms will be available at the start/end location.
- Dogs are allowed on running courses. Dogs showing any signs of aggressive behavior or potentially aggressive behavior or who are seen disturbing other dogs or patrons will be asked to leave.
- Jogging strollers are permitted, but must start at the back of the wave.
- Headphones are prohibited while running on Fort Belvoir.
- Anyone violating the rules will be disqualified and asked to leave the course.
Registration is required!
Registration is via email. Please include the number of participants.
Mammography screenings will be available for FBCH enrolled beneficiaries during the day of the event!
If you register, do not have a Military ID or CAC card, and need a visitor’s pass, you may go to Tulley gate a few days before the Breast Cancer Awareness 5K. This will allow for faster entrance on the day of the event and prevent gate access from backing up. For more information, you may call the Visitor Center at +1 (703)806-4892 or visit the Access Control page.
In partnership with
A Special Thank you to our Sponsor
Federal endorsement not implied.
Specker Human Performance Center (SHPC)