Date: Apr 11 2020, 1 p.m.
The 2020 Military Long Drive Championship (MLDC) is providing participating installations with the opportunity to host a long drive qualifier competition sanctioned by the World Long Drive Association (WLDA). The qualifying event will be a one day competition that will take place at nine Army golf course, one of which is the Fort Belvoir Golf Club on April 11, 2020, as well as, two Air Force locations and one Marine Corps location. The winners from each installation will move on to Fort Jackson for the Military Long Drive Championship, a televised Long Drive event.
Contest Entry form (.pdf)
General Entry Guidelines
- Eligibility. The MLDC is open to all Active Duty Service Members (All Branches), retired, Reserve and National/Coast Guard members, as well as, all Military Service Veterans. Must be at least 18 years old with a valid ID to participate.
- Entry Fee. Competitors in the MLDC will pay $25 per attempt (eight balls). All entry fee are kept by the local installation. Contestants may compete more than once pending time and availability.
- Active Duty participants that compete in qualifying and championship events must do so on their personal time.
- The $25 entry fee purchases one attempt of eight drives. Participants may purchase additional attempts until the Garrison closes the event.
- Each entrant will complete the eight drives back-to-back.
- Participants will use only USGA-approved drivers (maximum 48 inches long) during the event.
- All drives coming to rest within the grid will be recorded on the score sheet. Drives exiting the grid will be graded at zero yardage.
- The longest drive recorded for the day is the winner of the qualifying round. A three-attempt tie breaker will determine the winner in case of a tie.
- Active Duty participants must take regular leave to attend the championship event at Fort Jackson.
Local Installation Prizes
- 1st Place: $400 Pro Shop gift certificate and trip to Championship at Fort Jackson
- 2nd Place: $250 Golf Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place: $150 Golf Pro Shop Gift Certificate
The contestant (see eligibility above) who hits the longest qualified drive during the MLDC in Fort Jackson, South Carolina will win $10,000 cash and be granted exemption into the World Long Drive Championship.
Acceptance of the cash prize will result in the amateur losing his/her status as an amateur.