- Picnic table
- BBQ Fire pit
- 6-person tents (shown in pictures).
- Sleeping bags and mats.
- Fishing rods.
- Archery equipment.
- Canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddle boards.
- Lawn games.
- View full equipment issue price list.
- Live and frozen bait for fishing.
- Trash bags
- S’mores supplies, to include marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and roasting sticks (please don’t use sticks from our trees).
- Hot dogs, buns, peanut butter, jelly and other camping favorites.
- Beer and wine. Firewood.
- Campers are not allowed to bring firewood to use at the ODR campsites. Firewood brought from other locations might transmit insects and funguses that are deadly to our trees.
- A maximum of two tents will be allowed per site.
- These are primitive campsites. There is no water or electricity.
- There is no overnight access to indoor restrooms on site. There is a porta-potty available within walking distance of the camp sites. Also all guests may use the 24 hour restrooms, showers and laundry facility at the Travel Camp, approximately .7 miles.
- There is no vehicle access to the sites. Campers must pack-in and pack-out any camping equipment and trash. Outdoor Recreation offers all-terrain carts for campers, by request, to assist in transporting camping equipment from the parking area to the sites
- Parking is located at the end of Johnston Road, near the kayak and canoe racks.
- Tel: +1 (703)805-3081
Outdoor Recreation now offers primitive tent camping sites! A total of 10 camp sites overlook Gunston Cove of the Potomac River.
The fee is $20 a night. There is a 14 night maximum stay.
All Active Duty Service Members, Retirees, Family Members and DoD Civilian Employees and Contractors.
Available for rent at Outdoor Recreation
Available for purchase at Outdoor Recreation
Important Information to know about Primitive Camping Sites