Fort Belvoir Gate Access and Hours

Fort Belvoir Gate Access and Hours

Gate Name | Days Open | Times Open | Special Restrictions

Tulley Gate | Mon - Fri | 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. 

Visitors Center | Mon - Fri | 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. | Located at Tulley Gate. Visitors will use Lieber Gate after hours or when the Visitor Center is closed.

*Visitor access information and FAQs below.

Lieber Gate | 7 Days/Week | 24 Hrs | All commercial vehicles must enter this gate to access the installation. 

Pence Gate | Mon - Fri | 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. | Exit only 24 Hrs. 7 Days/Week

                     | Sat - Sun | 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Kingman Gate | 7 Days/Week | 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. | Exit only 6 - 8 p.m.

Telegraph Gate | Mon - Fri | 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. | Closed on Weekends and Holidays.

Walker Gate | Closed for bridge repair.

Farrar Gate | 7 Days/Week | 24 Hrs | Requires Special Credentials.


Visitors who wish to enter Fort Belvoir and do not have a Department of Defense identification card (DoD ID card) must use Tulley Gate from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Lieber Gate from 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. Drivers must provide a valid state driver's license and all occupants must provide photo ID.

At least one occupant of a vehicle must present valid DoD identification in order to access gates other than Tulley.

Non-DoD ID card-holders may go to the visitor's gate a few days prior to an event to get a pass. This will allow for faster entrance on the day of the event and prevent gate access from backing up.

The SSG John D Linde Visitor Center issues temporary passes for visitors and personnel requiring long-term access. The Visitor Center is located at Tulley Gate and open Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. To receive a pass, authorized drivers must provide a valid state driver's license, a current vehicle registration and proof of insurance.


Gate Access FAQs


Q: I am a DoD ID card holder bringing visitors on post, do I have to take them through the Visitors Gate?

A: No. As long as there is a DoD ID card holder in the vehicle they become the sponsor for their visitors and the vehicle may enter through any gate. All visitors must have a valid state issued driver's license or secondary form of Identification that they can present to the gate guard. View the list of accepted Secondary Identification (PDF).


Q: What age do youth need to have an ID to enter Fort Belvoir?

A: All persons aged 16 and over are required to have a state issued ID.


Q: I am a visitor to Fort Belvoir, what documents do I need to enter Fort Belvoir?

A: Visitors must present a valid driver's license. Your license will be run through a background check. Persons with an outstanding warrant or an expired license will be denied entry. Be sure to have current vehicle registration and insurance in the event you are asked. Please take a moment to read the Fitness Determination (PDF) document that details what information that is found during identity vetting will deny access to Fort Belvoir.


Q: Can I get a pass ahead of time to avoid the lines?

A: Yes. Visitors may go to the Visitor's Center Mon - Fri from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and request a pass.


Q: What is a valid form of Identification?

A: A state issued drivers license. *Note* State-issued driver's license and identification cards marked, “Not for Federal Identification, Not for Federal Purposes, or Federal Limits May Apply” will require a secondary ID to access Fort Belvoir.  If you do not have a secondary ID you will be denied access, or you will have to be escorted by a Trusted Traveler. View the list of accepted Secondary Identification (PDF).


Q: I am bringing a visitor from outside the US, what do they need to enter Fort Belvoir?

A: Non-citizens will require an escort (DoD CAC card holder) to enter Fort Belvoir and must possess a passport with a valid Homeland Security Stamp.


Q: I am at Fort Belvoir after hours, which gate do I go through?

A: Lieber Gate

For more information please call the Visitor's Center at +1 (703) 806-4892.


View Map to the Visitors Center below.