Automotive Skills Center
Our Facility Features:
- 2 Lube Lift Bays - Heavy duty 14,000 lb. hydraulic drive-on vehicle lifts (oil and fluid change services only, other repair/maintenance services per management approval only based on availability).
- 7 Frame Lift Bays - Two post 9,000 lb. or 10,000 lb. hydraulic frame lifts.
- 1 Motorcycle Lift Bay
- 3 Flat Bays - No vehicle lift but jacks and stands are available at no charge.
- Tire Mount and Balance Service
- Brake Lathe (Rotor Machining)
- Strut Compressor
- Hydraulic Press
- Air Tools
- Complete assortment of Hand Tools
- Access to AllData and Chilton Online Repair Manuals, and the latest Snap-On scan and diagnostic tool to help troubleshoot your check engine code and other troubles.
- Knowledgeable and experienced training instructors to assist you.
- Eligibility and Qualification Card
The Kawamura ASC is available for all DoD eligible patrons, including Active Duty, Reserves, Retirees, DoD Civilians, and eligible Contractors. Patrons must present a DoD-issued ID card, Vehicle Registration, and Qualification Card when requesting a work bay.
- Vehicle registration: The vehicle owner is the only person authorized to sign in their vehicle for a work bay. The owner must remain with the vehicle at all times during repairs/maintenance, and may bring a friend or family member to assist. All assistants must also complete the Safety Training.
- Qualification Card: Obtained by viewing the mandatory 20-minute Safety Training Video and completing the waiver/user agreement. Available any time during facility operating hours, up to 30 minutes before closing times. Qualification Card is only provided to DoD ID card holders. All other non-ID card holders must complete the training and waiver/user agreement, but will not receive their own card.
New to the area, and have used an ASC at another installation? Provide the staff with your previous installation's Qualification Card, and they will give you one ours!
- Self Service Usage Fees
Self Service Usage Fees Price Shop Fee $5 Oil Change Bay $9/hr Lift Bay $9/hr Flat Bay $6/hr Motorcycle Lift $6/hr Work Bench $5/hr Drum/Rotor Turn $12 ea Air Tool(s) $5 Air Cut-off Tool $5 +parts Bench Grinder $5 Engine Hoist $10 Transmission Jack $7 Hydraulic Press $5 Power Steering Tool $2 Solvent Tank (Red) $8/hr Parts Washer (Blue) $5/hr Grease Gun $2 Strut Compressor $5 ea Oxycetaline Torch $10/15 min Mig or Arc Welder $10/15 min Axel Nut Socket Set $5 Sawzall $5 + parts Harmonic Balancer Puller $5 Soldering Iron $3 Vacuum $5 Drill Press $5/hr
- Staff Service Fees
Staff Services- No appointment necessary
Service Fee A/C Recharge (up to 2 lbs) $100 Per additional pound $20/lb A/C Leak Check only $40 A/C Evac only $40 A/C Refill only $60 Check Engine Light Reset $15 Engine Diagnostic $35 Battery Charger $5/hr Battery Jump Box $3 On-Post Jump Start (when avail.) $10 Oxyacetylene Cutting Torch $10/15 min Propane Heating Torch $5/15 min Coolant System Pressure Test $15 TPMS Sensor Re-program $75 per sensor
Tire Service Fees
Service Fee Tire Disposal $2.50 Each
Flat Tire Repair
Flat Tire Repair
Staff Complete Labor
$14 Per Tire Tire/Rim Mount, Per Wheel Balance, Per Wheel
$7 Each $9 Each Dismount Only $5 Each N/A
Truck & SUV
$9 Each $9 Each Dismount Only $5 Each N/A
- Max 22" Rims
- Custom Rims by approval only
- Summer/Winter Tire Swap is by approval only pending tire condition
- No motorcycle, lawnmower, or other non-passenger vehicle tires
- No oversized or aggressive mud tires
- No used tires
- No run-flats
- Vehicle Resale Lot
Is it time to move up to a new car or are you looking for something for the new driver in your family? The resale lot is the perfect place to showcase your vehicle for sale or to pick one out. Resale lot spaces are assigned at the Auto Skills Center.
The hours for processing new spaces are Wed-Fri from 12 - 8 p.m. and Sat-Sun 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Contact the Auto Skills Center for more information, but here are some of the basics:
- Cost per 30 days:
- $45 for vehicles 18 feet or less.
- $100 for vehicles over 18 feet.
- Renew at least 2 days prior to expiration of your space if you wish to leave your vehicle in the lot. Renewals are approved if there is no demand for the space.
- Vehicles must be clean and operable: current insurance and registration are required.
- The lot is for the use of Active duty personnel, DoD personnel, retirees and family members (with DoD ID’s.) Vehicles displayed for sale can be: Automobiles, vans, motorcycles, boats on trailers, trailers, small motor homes (RV) and travel trailers. Space occupied is not to exceed 18 feet.
- All vehicles displayed must have a resale lot parking permit displayed or be subject to tow at owner's expense.
- Cost per 30 days:
- Storage Fees
Storage Fees Price Indoor Open Days hourly rate Indoor Closed Days $5/day Outdoor 1st 10 Days $5/day Outdoor 11-31 Days $10/day Engine/Work Bench Area $5/day Engine Stand Open or Closed $10/day Long-Term (With On-going Repairs, NTE 120 Days) $250/month
Hours of Operation
|Wednesday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
All repairs cease and no new entries permitted one hour prior to closing time.
The key to keeping your vehicle reliable is regular maintenance. The Fort Belvoir Auto Skills Center makes it easy and affordable for you to perform regular maintenance on your own vehicles by providing space, supplies, and advice (when needed) for those "do-it-yourselfers." Maintain your car yourself at the Fort Belvoir Auto Skills Center.