Date: May 22 2017, 6 a.m. - 7 a.m.
Functional training will aim to provide you with the strength, endurance, power, speed, flexibility, and range of motion you need to thrive throughout your life. We utilize basic functional movement patterns such as pushing, pulling, squatting, rotating, carrying, and gait patterns (walking and running) every day. Through Dynamic Training, Metabolic Conditioning, and Extreme Training, our functional training program will utilize exercises that are aimed to improve your movement proficiency in these areas to give you an edge and enhance your performance, so you can achieve your desired goals in a safe manner.
Functional Training will operate in 6-week sessions with a 2-week break in between sessions.
- Apr. 24 - Jun. 3
- Jun. 19 - Jul. 28
- Aug. 4 - Sept. 22
- Monday- Friday 6- 7 a.m.
- M, W, F 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
The program will consist of the following training concepts:
- Dynamic Training- A training method with a focus on gymnastics, body weight, and functional movement exercises.
- Metabolic Conditioning (MetCon) - A method of training that involves a very high work rate, using exercises designed to burn more calories during your workout and maximize calories burned after your workout, or your after-burn.
- Extreme Training- A training method intended to focus on speed, power, quickness and agility.
Register up to 80 people (per session) at Graves Fitness Center or The Body Shop Fitness Center. Active duty may register 2 weeks prior to the start of each new session. Other military ID card holders and DoD civilians may register 1 week prior to the start of each new session. Units must contact Functional Training Instructors at least 72 hours in advance to drop-in for the class.
- Tel: +1 (703)806-5368
- Military DSN Tel: (312)656-5368